The AAK Hospital congratulates you on your journey to welcome your baby in the world. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your journey and birthing experience. Here are some guidelines and information on our maternity offering to you.
We encourage our patients to register your delivery at our facility by 28 weeks of pregnancy.
A maternity booking with the AAK provides you with the following value adds as part of this booking package:
- An AAK Exclusive Baby Bag filled with goodies
- Newborn Hearing screening by our resident Audiologist
- First baby Immunisations at Hospital
Medical Aid Preauthorisation
Most medical aids offer a maternity program as part of their service to you. It is best for you to consult with your medical aid as soon as possible to gain the benefits offered.
At the AAK we offer competitive maternity cash packages.
For more information please refer to the Maternity Cash Packages
On maternity preadmission reception staff will assist you with:
- Information about our facility
- Look at your ward preferences (General or Private)
- Assist you with your medical aid hospital preadmission (please have all the listed information above available)
- Should you be a private patient, the staff will assist you with the financial information, incl deposits, estimates, etc.
At the AAK we offer the convenience of a limited number of private and luxury rooms available at an additional fee and subject to availability on the day of your admission. Please request at reception on admission.
For more comprehensive information on our maternity unit, please view Maternity Unit Information Brochure