The AAK Hospital congratulates you on your journey to welcome your Royal Baby in the world. Thank you for considering us to be a part of your Royal journey and birthing experience.
It is important that you are well equipped with all the information available at your disposal before making your decision to choose a facility to have your baby. We therefore encourage you to carefully read through the information below, the attached brochures and to view the virtual tour of our AAK Royal Maternity Unit.
The AAK Royal Maternity Experience is offered to both medical aid and private paying patients.
At the AAK, experiencing our Royal Maternity Experience does not require a booking or admin fee. You are required to complete the administration documents and submit these to us.
As part of the AAK Royal Maternity experience you receive:
- A Complimentary Baby Bag filled with a pack of new born nappies, wet wipes, cord care items and other value add samples (varies based on samples and items received)
- Baby’s first immunisations in hospital
- Access to the Bub Club SA’s AAK Team and their expertise in the world of pregnancy, delivery and newborn babies as well as exclusive offers for our AAK Royal mums to be
- If required, assistance with your new born baby’s registeration onto medical aid.
- Exclusive onsite Birth Registration by the Dept of Home Affairs (subject to the availability of the Dept of Home Affairs)
The Private or Cash Paying Patient
At the AAK, our Royal Maternity Delivery cash rates are competitive. Please click here to find out more. Please read the brochure carefully.
The prices listed are for the hospital delivery stay only and excludes all service providers or additional services.
If you are looking for an all inclusive package and you do not have your own Obstetrician already, please chat with us for more information.
Once a booking is made for the Royal Maternity Service, the Admissions Team capture your details onto the system as a pre admission, with a reference number. This number will be shared with you.
As a private patient you have an opportunity to pay towards your hospital delivery fees from the booking until your admission for delivery.
Please utilise the correct preadmission reference number when making these payments.